Page

Slimming 101

Monday, 8 September 2014

"You are a mother of two? But you are so slim!" This is a comment I get quite often when I mention that I am already a mother. 

But believe it or not, I do have my 'fatty' parts. Just that they are well hidden.

My hubby and I had more or less agreed that we will stop at two. So now, since I have stopped breastfeeding, I can explore into slimming. Yes, I want to get rid of that flabby and bulging tummy!


Slimming 101 is not a typical slimming centre. It combines Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) methodology and high tech slimming machines to help you lose weight in the most healthy and effective way. They also strives to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment while you are there. And no, you do not need to starve yourself.

I was there to try out their Signature Meridian Therapy. Upon entering the centre, I was greeted with colourful decals on the wall. The staffs there are all very friendly and professional. 

I want a slim waist too!

While waiting in the consultation room, I was served a glass of herbal tea. The tea tastes light and refreshing. Nothing of the strong and bitter taste of herbs. This is supposed to help in detoxing.



During consultation, I was asked to fill in a form with my details. The therapist asked me about my health history and diet. She mentioned that usually after birth and with age, the body metabolism will slow down. This means fats in the body are broken down slower and are more easily deposited in the body. Furthermore, with my job being in the office sitting down most of the time, the fats will get accumulated easily, especially at the waist and hip area. Oh... and I do snack (unhealthily) during office hours. This adds on even more fats!



Then, they proceed to take my measurements. See this special weighing machine? It not only measures weight, it is also able to measure the body fats level in your body. The therapist then went through what the numbers on that slip of paper means. I am proud to announce that my metabolic age is only 24! I felt so young suddenly! On the overall, my body is pretty much ok (phew). Just that the fat level can be further reduced to be more ideal. 


After the consultation and getting the measurements, I was asked to change.


My first stop was the sauna room. The temperature was kept at about 49 - 50 degrees. This is supposed to warm up the body and improves the blood circulation. In my excitement, I forgot to take a photo of the sauna room.

After 10 minutes in the sauna room, I was ushered into the treatment room where the Meridian Therapy will start. Stay tuned for my post next week, where I will share more details about their Signature Meridian Therapy.

At the end of the session, I lose 200g!


Read more about my other sessions:
Session 1 - Signature Meridian Therapy
Session 2 - Signature Meridian Therapy
Session 3 & 4 - Duo Advanced Body Define

Slimming 101
Address: Funan DigitaLife Mall, 109  North Bridge Road, Singapore 179097
Contact: 67373101
E-mail: info@slim101.com.sg
Website: http://www.slim101.com.sg/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sg.slimming101

**********

I was chosen as one of the bloggers for the Slimming 101 Slim 9 Challenge. If you like this post, please help to 'Like' the Slimming 101 Challenge Facebook page and scroll down to like my post. If I managed to win the challenge, I will win a Slimming 101 treatment worth $2,888. You could also get the chance to win for yourself a slimming voucher worth $188.

Disclaimer: This is part of a series of posts sponsored by Slimming 101. I was invited to try out the sessions of therapy as part of the Slimming 101 Slim 9 Challenge. No monetary compensation is involved. All opinions are 100% mine. Results may vary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...