Page

I Can Draw

Thursday, 30 May 2013

SMB has turned 1 and to commemorate this remarkable milestone, they have organized various activities for members to take part. There was a makeover workshop and a baking workshop. This time they organized an art class, sponsored by heART Studio. I am glad that I was able to take part in the class.

I must admit that I am NOT an arty person. Neither am I creative. I can’t draw well, I can’t design, I do not know how to blend colors. So, when my drawing turned out like this, I am pretty amazed by myself.

My final masterpiece
All thanks to heART Studio.


For this lesson, we had to recreate this drawing by Hughes Claude Pissarro using oil pastels on canvas. Looking at the sample, it seemed so difficult and I had no idea where to start. 

The art piece we are suppose to draw
Thankfully, both Teacher Gaz and Teacher Elma provided us with clear instructions and were also patient in guiding us. They shared that the technique is to use quick, short strokes to blend in the oil pastels. We could also blend in different colors  to create different tones of colors. 

Firstly, we have to use a light color to outline the horizon and the main subjects. Then we fill in the colors for the background using quick, short strokes. Lastly we color in the sails and outline them. After one and a half hour, the art is done. Time passed so fast because we were all very absorbed in doing our masterpiece.


We ended the day with a group photo. Thanks to all the Mummies, the class was such fun.

Photo credit: Rachel of  Catch 40 Winks
heART Studio conducts adult canvas classes to teach basic art sketching to canvas art. It takes just 2 person to start a class. The school also offers art classes for children 3 to 12 years old. You should see the art work done by the children. They are so much better than what we did.

For more information:
heART Studio
Address: 101 Soo Chow Walk Singapore 575385 (Upper Thomson Area)

SingaporeMomBloggers


This painting class was organised in conjunction with SMB's 1st birthday celebration and kindly sponsored by heART Studio. All opinions are 100% mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...